Monday, June 15, 2009

Catching Up...

Seems like I’ve be away forever. On May 31, 2009, I had the enormous privilege of teaching four sessions of a Family Emphasis Day at Rice Memorial Baptist Church in Greenwood, South Carolina. Pastor Alvin and Debra Hodge are two of our most treasured friends. Alvin gave me my first opportunity to serve in ministry after I committed to go into full-time ministry in January, 1983. We were together for 3 ½ glorious years until we both went off to seminary. Wanda and I have not seen them is about 12 years. We took up right where we left off. That’s what good friends do, isn’t it? Boy, we had a great weekend together. Alvin and Debra have done such a great job leading that church family. All the church just loves them so much and rightfully so. So do we. The church family received Wanda and me with open arms. They made us feel right at home. What a delightful weekend.

On Thursday, June 4, 2009, I flew out to Owasso, Oklahoma to visit with our good friends, Hugh and Arlene Bryant. Hugh invited me out to do a Lay Aside Every Weight Seminar at his church there in Owaaso, Freedom Church pastored by Dr. Andrew Rankin. I have not spent any time with Hugh and Arlene in several years as well. They were so gracious and hospitable. We took a couple of tours of Tulsa. My favorite site was Southern Hills Golf Club which has hosted a U.S. Open and a PGA Championship. Tulsa is a really great town. Hugh knew all the good place to show me. I got to spend some time with Hugh and Arlene’s family. They have great kids and grandkids.

Freedom Church was a wonderful Family. They were so receptive to the seminar and so kind and gracious to me. I made some good friends there. The seminar went really well. Papa did some good stuff in all of us. Pastor Andrew and Lori were a delight.

I had two really great weekends sharing Papa’s goodness, love and grace. Now, I’m back home. I’ve missed my RHCC Family. We started our series on THE SHACK on June 14, 2009. The title was: What Really Happened at the Cross? Next week is Father’s Day. Fatherhood: Protect and Serve is the title of the message. We will be taking at look at Mack’s relationship with Missy, Mack’s relationship with his own dad, and Mack’s relationship with Papa. You won’t want to miss it.

Hopefully, I’ll be a little more consistent keeping in touch with you as things slow down a little from traveling. We have some big things planned for the 9:15 service this summer. Hope to see you Sunday. Have a blessed summer. Be safe. Love your family. Let Papa love you. Enjoy life to the max. Don’t worry. Be happy. Love you all. Blessings.

No comments: